n

Video: Breaking Down the 1:9:90 Influence Framework

The 1:9:90 influence framework segments creators in a way you to see which ones can truly influence behavioral change.

By: Michael Brito

Category: video

In this video, I shed some light on the 1:9:90 influence framework in a way that you can understand and apply to your marketing programs. Charles Arthur first proposed the 1:9:90 framework in 2006. He said that for every 100 people on the internet that create content, 90 would consume it, and ten would engage with it.

This influence framework can now be applied to influencer marketing. The difference between 2006 and today is that a much higher percentage of people who use the internet are now creators, with social platforms like Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, and others making it easy to do so. However, this doesn’t mean that all creators are influential. The 1:9:90 influence framework rule still stands today.

Of the 100 people on the internet, only 1% are genuinely influential. These are the people who have a large following, who are respected by their peers, and who can drive behavioral change. The other 99% of people consume content or create it but don’t have much influence.

The key to successful influencer marketing is to identify the influential 1% and then engage with them. This can be done through social media, influencer marketing platforms, or other means. I go into much more detail on the influencer model with several examples too.

Related Videos

Never Miss A Post

Join over 10,000 people who get fresh content delivered straight to their inboxes.

What People Are Saying