Great news coming from Reddit this morning. They just acquired Spiketrap, a technology company that uses text analysis to decode online conversations.
This AI technology should help marketers target unknown subreddits based on the contextual conversations happening within that community, inferring the real meaning of comments and posts even if they don’t mention the topic. This is the beauty of text analysis.
Several third-party platforms and social listening tools already scrape Reddit at scale and provide different levels of contextual analysis. These methods are more used for research, analyzing the customer journey, brand sentiment, or deep dives into a topic. Spiketrap will provide a similar analysis but advertisers. Here’s more from eMarketer.
- Reddit Latest Updates, Announcements, and Product News
- Reddit Case Studies: Best Practices For Your Digital Strategy
- Is Reddit Social Media? That’s a Dumb Question, So Stop Asking
- Digital Marketing: Reddit Must be a Strategic Business Priority
- Here’s Why Reddit Social Listening is Critical: Purchase Intent