Scroll down for the list of data science influencers.
My methodology for identifying and measuring influence differs slightly from others in the industry. For the most part influence is measured using three core social data points-reach, relevance and resonance:
- Reach: Community size. Essentially it is an aggregate sum of an influencers audience across all channels.
- Topical Relevance: Volume. In other words, how often is the influencer talking about and mentioning the core topics across his or her social channels.Was it a mention in a YouTube video three years ago or do they consistently talk about it in the channels where they participate the most.
- Resonance: Engagement. When they do mention the topics in question, are there audiences engaging with the content? Is it resonating with them?
I’d like to add an additional layer of influencer analytics, but it’s somewhat of a manual process. I like to call it a reference and it answers the following questions:
- Is the influencer referenced by other influencers?
- Is the influencer referenced by traditional media?
- Is the influencer mentioned by a specific audience that is important to the brand?
Unfortunately some of this analysis has to be done manually but this is a good thing. It requires spending some time in the data and provides contextual insights as to why you were choosing this influencer.
I created a Twitter list of the 10 data science influencers for your convenience.
Here are a few other influencer lists in case you are interested:
- AI Influencers
- Machine Learning Influencers
- Blockchain Influencers
- IoT Influencers
- 5G Influencers
- Digital Transformation Influencers
- Clubhouse Influencers
Influencer Marketing Resources
Below you will find some helpful content for you as begin to take your B2B influencer marketing journey. There is not a lot of really good information available on the Internet, so I’ve tried my best to consolidate what I think is most important.
Here is a quick video and write up of some of my thoughts about the influencer marketing software available on the market today. The vendors that I typically write about are more for B2B and enterprise companies versus consumer brands. However, all brand influencer programs have some commonalties that you can learn from.
Measuring influence needs to be a priority. Remember, it’s not just about measuring the performance of an influencer campaign, but also how you are using data to identify the most relevant influencers for your business.
Here are five influencer marketing trends that you should keep top of mind moving into 2022. Influencer marketing is a huge business and it’s only growing.
It’s not good practice to manage influencer programs in a silo. It’s better to ensure that your program is fully integrated into your larger B2B social media marketing plan.