I work for Edelman Digital. I am a Senior Vice President of Social Business Strategy. I help my clients transform their brands into media companies by implementing a social business strategy that operationalizes their content strategies, scales community management and integrates paid, earned and owned media initiatives.
Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn.
Over the last decade and prior to Edelman, I worked for some pretty large organizations to include Hewlett Packard, Yahoo and most recently Intel where I was responsible for consumer social media and community building. Very early on in my career, my role was very focused on search (paid and natural) and acquisition marketing. I have been building external communities for quite some time and believe that brands need to focus on trying to turn friends, fans and followers into advocates.
Here are a few things I am involved in.
- I am an adjunct professor at San Jose State University teaching social business to undergrad PR and Marketing students
- I am also an adjunct professor at UC Berkeley teaching strategic social media and social business at their Extension program
- I wrote the first book on social business. Here is more information about it
- I am on the board of advisors for Vintank,
- I have published articles in Mashable, AdWeek, InformationWeek, PRNewsWeek, MarketingProfs, Social Fresh to name a few
- I co-founded Silicon Valley Tweetup and we have raised close to $15K to various non-profit organizations
- I am frequent speaker at industry conferences like BlogWorld, MarketingProfs Digital Mixer & SocialTech, Crush IQ, SXSW
- I started Social Business News – a multi authored blog from industry professionals with roots from Deloitte, Edelman, Dachis Group as well as several authors who work for agencies, other consultancies and large brands
- I am and always will be a US Marine. I love this country and always will despite its flaws
I grew up hip hop. Still love hip hop. Drake, Kanye, JayZ, Ice Cube, NWA, Ghetto Boys, MC Lyte, and EPMD pretty much occupy my Spotify playlists. I also live and breathe 90s R&B. Love Dubstep (vocal) and here is a link to my Spotify playlist.
I am a Lakers fan and will argue for days (and win) that Magic Johnson is the greatest NBA player to have ever played the game of professional basketball. Period. I am 49ers fan and probably don’t have to argue that Jerry Rice is by far the greatest NFL receiver of all time history. I am also a new season ticket holder at the new stadium in Santa Clara. I am married and have the two best little girls in the world that I love more than life itself. Nothing else matters.